Sustainable Stainless Charter of the world stainless steel industry
The members of the world stainless association adhere to the following principles on sustainability:
- We operate our business efficiently and in a financially sustainable way, to supply stainless steel products and solutions that satisfy customer’s needs and provide value to stakeholders
- We strive to optimise the eco-efficiency of products throughout their life cycle. We promote the recovery, reuse and recycling of stainless steel.
- We foster the well-being of employees and provide a safe and healthy working environment
- We promote values and initiatives that show respect for the people and communities associated with our business
- We conduct our business with high ethical standards in our dealings with employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
- We engage our stakeholders and independent third parties in constructive dialogue to help fulfil our sustainable development commitments.
- We build and share our knowledge of sustainability through open and active communications. We help others in the supply chain to implement sustainable practices.